The 2020 Vermont Senior Games Pickleball Championships will be held on Friday September 11, Saturday September 12, and Sunday September 13, 2020 at the Davis Park Courts in Shelburne, Vermont. The Davis Park Courts are located at 344 Harbor Road across from the Shelburne Community School.
The competition is open to anyone at least 50 years old by 12/31/20, with one major exception. Due to COVID-19 concerns, participation will be limited to Vermont residents for singles play. For doubles play, if one team member is a Vermont resident, that person can partner with an out-of-state player IF the player is from a ‘safe’ county as identified in the state travel guidelines, which can be found at https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/restart/cross-state-travel . Players must travel by private vehicle only.
Advanced registration is required by Friday September 4, 2020. There will be on on-site registration. Partners must each complete a separate registration form. Registration will be limited to 30 Teams for Mixed Doubles; 30 Teams for Doubles; and 24 Singles Players. REGISTER EARLY TO SECURE A SPOT!
The projected order of events is as follows:
- Friday September 11: Men’s Singles and Women’s Singles (12 noon – 4 pm)
- Saturday September 12: Mixed Doubles (9:00 am – 3 pm)
- Sunday September 13: Women’s Doubles and Men’s Doubles (9:00 am – 3 pm)
- Note: In the event of rain, the order of events may be altered. The Vermont Senior Games Association will make every effort to contact players as far in advance as possible.
Check in will be 30 minutes prior to the start of pool play. Both partners must be present to check in – NO exceptions. Check in time will be determined by the time slot players are placed in. Players will be notified four days before the event once pools are completed. There are six courts at Davis Park.
Please note that 2020 is a qualifying year for the 2021 National Senior Games, scheduled to be held in November in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. All athletes finishing in the top three in their age group in this tournament will qualify for the 2021 Nationals. In addition, in consideration of COVID-19, the National Senior Games has decided that any athlete who qualified for the 2019 Nationals in Albuquerque is also eligible for the 2021 competition, regardless of whether the athlete went to the 2019 games.
The tournament format will be determined by the number of participants registered. Doubles / Mixed Doubles competitive age will be that of the younger partner. Medals will be awarded to the first three places, in 5-year age brackets for men and women. NSGA and USAPA rules will apply. Balls will be provided. Please bring food & beverage of your choice and provide your own water bottle. Water will NOT be available on site, and there will be no trash or recycling bins so please be prepared.
- Due to the COVID-19 situation, the Vermont Senior Games has agreed with the Town of Shelburne to restrict spectators as much as possible. Athletes may only bring a spectator if the player needs travel assistance getting to and from the tournament. Spectators will be required to stay outside the court fencing and follow state guidelines regarding wearing masks and social distancing. If possible, players should bring hand sanitizer and use it frequently. The most updated COVID-19 procedures to be followed at this event will be shared with the players the week prior to the event.
If you are looking for a doubles partner or have questions, please call or text VSG Tournament Director Joanne Winter at 802 – 399 – 4538 or use the form below to send her a message.
If you are having problems registering for the VSG Pickleball tournament, call or text George Moltz at 802 – 779 – 5119 or use the form below to send him a message.